Congratulations for purchasing the Motorola Edge 40 smartphone! While switching to a new device might be thrilling, the data transfer process from your previous phone can occasionally feel daunting.
Transferring your important data to your new Motorola Edge 40 can be simple and straightforward if you follow the appropriate instructions. We will walk you through a variety of tools and techniques in this comprehensive tutorial so you can efficiently move your data. Let’s get going!
You can transfer data to your new Motorola Edge 40 using a handful of the most well-liked techniques listed below:
Use the migration tool from Motorola
To make it simple to move your data from your old phone to your new Motorola Edge 40, Motorola provides a free migration tool. You must download the tool on both phones from the Google Play Store in order to utilize it.
After downloading the tool, take the following actions:
- Open the Migration Tool application on your old phone.
- Choose “New Device” before picking “Motorola Edge 40.”
- To connect your phones, adhere to the on-screen directions.
- After choosing the data to transmit, select “Transfer.”
Transferring Data Wirelessly
With the Motorola Edge 40, you may smoothly transfer data from your old handset via a variety of wireless methods. Here are a few possibilities to consider:
a. You can wirelessly transfer data from your old handset using the Motorola Migration Assistant, a built-in app on the Motorola Edge 40.
Follow the on-screen directions to transfer contacts, messages, photographs, videos, and more by installing the Motorola Migration Assistant on both devices, making sure they are linked to the same Wi-Fi network, and so on.
b. Bluetooth: While it’s not the fastest option, Bluetooth can be helpful for sharing tiny things like contacts and images. Choose the files you want to transfer, then pair your old smartphone through Bluetooth with the Motorola Edge 40.
Use a USB-C to USB-C cable
You will require the following in order to use a USB cable to transfer data to your new Motorola Edge 40:
- a USB cord suitable for connecting both of your phones.
- an app for sharing files.
Once you have all of your materials, proceed as follows:
- Utilize a USB cable to connect your new phone and old phone.
- Open the file transfer app on your outdated phone.
- Open the file transfer app on your brand-new phone.
- Choose the information you want to transfer.
- Click “Copy” to start.
- observe the data transmission.
Using Cloud Services
Cloud services offer a practical method for moving data between devices. To migrate your data using well-known cloud services, follow these steps:
Google Account: The contacts, calendar events, apps, and other data linked to your Google account will instantly sync with your new Motorola Edge 40 if you are transferring from an Android device.
iCloud: A backup of your former device should be made to iCloud if you are migrating from an iPhone. Sign into your iCloud account and select to restore data from your iCloud backup during the Motorola Edge 40’s setup procedure.
Must Read: How to Set or Change Wallpaper on iPhone 14?
You will require the following in order to use a wireless transfer app to transfer data to your new Motorola Edge 40:
- a mobile app for wireless transfers like ShareIt or AirDroid.
- Installed on both of your phones is the wireless transfer app.
When you have all of your materials, take the following actions:
- Your phones should both be in the wireless transfer app.
- Scan the QR code with your old phone using the new one.
- Then, on your new phone, choose the files you want to transfer.
- Select “Send” from the menu.
- Attend to the data transit.
Data transfer to your brand-new Motorola Edge 40 doesn’t have to be a difficult process.
You are able to effortlessly transfer contacts, text messages, videos, photographs, and other vital data to your freshly purchased gadget by using the techniques described in this book.
Prior to beginning the transfer procedure, be sure to back up your previous device. Then, select the option that best satisfies your requirements.
Enjoy : ) discovering all of the features on your brand-new Motorola Edge 40!