Wi-Fi network not showing up on the computer when you try to connect to the internet on your laptop the problem happens most likely because your windows disable the wi-fi service you can’t connect to the wi-fi if your windows disable it.
In this guide, I will show you six methods to fix wi-fi not showing in settings on windows 10.
So without wasting any more time let us start:
Method 1: Enable the Wi-Fi
If you don’t have the wi-fi switch on your laptop or computer you can check it in your system go to the Search Bar and type Control Panel then Network and Sharing Center from the left selecting Change adapter settings right clicking on wi-fi and click enable, note if it has enabled you will see disable when right-clicking on wi-fi.
Method 2: Enable WLAN Auto Config Service
In order for the wi-fi option to appear in the settings, the WLAN auto-config service should be enabled.
If this has been disabled then this might be what’s causing the problem.
- Go to the start menu Type in services run as administrator.
- In the services window locate the WLAN auto-config service right-click on it and select properties.
- Change the startup type to Automatic and click Start to run the service click apply and then hit OK.
- Now run restart and check if this fixes the issue.
- That’s It 🙂
Check if this fixes the issue.
Must Read: How to Clear Cache on Samsung Galaxy A04s?
Method 3: Update Wi-Fi Driver
In some cases, you are unable to see the wi-fi option in windows settings because your wi-fi drivers are obsolete in such a scenario you should try updating the driver automatically
Here’s how to do it:
- Right-click on the Start button and select device manager.
- expand the network adapters list locate your wireless card right click and select update driver.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software
- Select let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
- Select your driver from the list and hit next.
wait for it to complete and then check if your issue is solved.